University of Minnesota

University of Minnesota Dining Services


Welcome to the 1851 Heritage Catering FAQ page. Here, you’ll find answers to the questions 1851 Heritage Catering is most often asked by our customers.

Simply click on a question below to see the answer.  If you have additional catering questions that are not listed here, please contact 1851 Heritage Catering at 612-624-7173 or

Call 1851 Heritage Catering at 612-624-7173 to request a hard copy of our Catering Event Guide. You may also download an electronic copy of our catering guides on the 1851 Heritage Catering Menus page.

Any student, staff or faculty member can use our services on or off campus. Additionally, any group using campus space may use our services.

Contact us as soon as you think you may have an event. Large orders require more lead time. Generally a banquet should be booked two weeks in advance. Coffee break and box lunch orders should be booked three to five days in advance.

One of 1851 Heritage Catering’s sales coordinators will happily assist you in planning your event’s food and beverage needs.

We accept all major credit cards, University of Minnesota EFS account numbers or check (some restrictions may apply).

Visit our employment page to learn about employment opportunities within 1851 Heritage Catering.

Our catering staff welcomes the opportunity to plan a unique menu for your event. Our professional staff can offer you many creative selections to meet your special needs.

1851 Heritage Catering offers a variety of sustainable options including local foods and beverages and compostable tableware. View our sustainable catering guide on the 1851 Heritage Catering page.

Twin Cities Campus: