University Dining Services has created a food donation program to enhance and build community at the University of Minnesota.
This program is open to University of Minnesota registered student organizations and departments in support of academic projects and improvements to already successful academic programs.
Additional Expectations and Considerations
1. Student organizations may only apply once per academic year for a UDS donation. Funding priority will be given to activities, programs, conferences, and other events that are focused primarily on the educational development of students.
2. Donations to student organizations will not exceed $250 per event.
3. Donations will be food donations only.
4. Items that can be requested include: Einstein Bros Bagels/Schmears, Topio's Pizza, Cookies, Brownies and Subway platters.
5. Bulk Beverages are available. This includes lemonade, Java City coffee, hot chocolate, apple cider, and punch.
6. Include the number of people attending the event on your application.
7. Coupons/Gift Certificates are available from Chick-fil-A, Baja Sol, Einstein Bros Bagels, Starbucks, Subway, and Java City as donations. Choose one location and specify quantity of your request. Please include how these items will be distributed (i.e. games, drawings, door prizes, etc.)
8. Please identify the communication plan about the donation. (posters, tabletents, t-shirts)
9. Student organizations can pick up the food from one of these UDS locations: Coffman, Carlson, Terrace in the St. Paul Student Center and Centennial Dining.
Application Due Dates
You must submit an application (forms below) at least 14 days in advance of your scheduled event. Submit completed application(s) to University Dining Services by email at email@example.com or by mailing the completed form to University Dining Services, attn: Donations, University Office Plaza - Suite 335, 2221 University Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414. You will be contacted within five (5) business days with a response to your request.